Gamecocks selected to host NCAA regionals

First-seeded South Carolina to face No. 4 Saint Louis on Friday

The Gamecocks will play at home for yet another bid to travel to Omaha for the 2013 College World Series.

The team, which finished second to Arizona for last year’s national championship, will face off against Saint Louis, which has been seeded fourth of the four teams which will play at Carolina Stadium. South Carolina has been seeded first. Clemson and Liberty have been seeded second and third, respectively, and will also play at Carolina Stadium.

South Carolina will play Saint Louis at 7 p.m. Friday. Student tickets will be available for $15 at Window 4 of the Carolina Stadium Box Office for 90 minutes before the first pitch. Students must have their CarolinaCard to get the student rate, but will not be allowed to pay with Carolina Cash. Students will be seated in Section 1 of the stadium for that game and all games in which South Carolina plays.

Students can also get student tickets for games in which South Carolina does not play. These tickets will also be $15 at Window 4 of the Carolina Stadium Box Office and will be available 90 minutes before the first pitch. Student ticketholders will sit on the Bi-Lo Berm for these games.

South Carolina is one of sixteen teams selected to host regional play in the NCAA Baseball Championship. Three other Southeastern Conference teams — Vanderbilt, Mississippi State and LSU — have been selected as regional sites.