Playlist of the week: Back-to-school feel-good

Lil Nas X performimg at the Minnesota State Fairgrounds. The nominees for the 2019 MTV Video Music Awards were announced Tuesday morning, with Taylor Swift, Ariana Grande, Billie Eilish and Lil Nas X leading the charge. (Jeff Wheeler / Minneapolis Star Tribune / TNS)

As we are almost halfway done with our first full week of the fall semester, that end-of-summer feeling is starting to set in, and maybe it already has, but don’t let that mindset fool you into believing summer jams are only for the summer.

Summer days are long, but these days feel longer, and not in a good way. No more days filled with sleeping-in until the early afternoon, binging Netflix and Hulu and not remembering what day of the week it is because every day feels like a Saturday. Now we have to wake up at 7:30 a.m. to panic about parking for our 8:30 class (or is that just me?).

This playlist should hopefully capture that feeling of those delicate last summer days before you have to go back to school and offer an exciting buzz for your new classes and schedule. Let these songs relax you and put you at ease as you power walk from Darla Moore to nursing.

“C7osure (You Like)” – Lil Nas X

“Slip Away” – Perfume Genius

“Move On” – Mike Posner

“bellyache” – Billie Eilish

“Say You’ll Be There” – Spice Girls

“Hospitalized (St. Lucia Remix)” – Broods, St. Lucia

“Untouched” – The Veronicas

“Dunno – Recorded at Spotify Studios NYC” – Mac Miller

“In My Head” – ODIE

“Never Be Like You (feat. Kai)” – Flume, Kai

“See You Again” – Tyler, The Creator; Kali Uchis

“Thinking Bout You” – Ariana Grande