COVID-19 dashboard update: USC now facing 64 COVID-19 cases

USC is now facing 64 total active cases of COVID-19 on campus, according to the updated online COVID-19 dashboard.

Fifty-two of these cases are students, and the remaining 12 are employees. The total case count is a decrease from the 87 active cases reported Feb. 19.

Between Feb. 19 and Feb. 22, the university conducted 3,036 tests with a positive rate of 0.56%. Of these tests, 2,550 were students with a positive rate of 0.47%. The remaining 486 tests were employees with a positive rate of 1.08%.

There are 1,805 tests pending as of Feb. 23.

Since Jan. 1, there have been 1,261 total cases of COVID-19 on campus, with 1,094 cases being students and the remaining 167 being employees. Of these cases, 1,197 have recovered.

Students and faculty can find the testing schedules and locations for this week on the university’s COVID-19 website. Testing will be done at the Student Health Center, by appointment only, and the Carolina Coliseum for students, and at 1311 Pendleton St. for faculty and staff only.

Students can find which mandatory testing group they are in here.

Of the 600 spaces in the quarantine and isolation dorms, 1.18% of the spaces are in use.

The alert level is at 0.09 and remains between the “New Normal” and the “Low” alert levels. The alert level is based on 11 factors, including campus testing, isolation capacity and campus case burden.

The COVID-19 dashboard is updated every Tuesday and Friday.