COVID-19 dashboard update: USC now facing 118 total active cases

USC is now facing 118 total active cases of COVID-19 on campus, according to the university's updated COVID dashboard.

Of the cases reported to the university between Feb. 5 and Feb. 8, there are 108 student cases and 10 employee cases. 

The 3,098 tests taken during this reporting period have a positive rate of 1.01%. Out of these tests, 2,520 were students with a positive rate of 1.23%. The other 578 were employees with a positive rate of 0%. 

There are 1,709 tests pending as of Tuesday evening. 

Students and faculty can find the testing schedules and locations for this week on the university’s COVID-19 website. Testing will be done at the Student Health Center and the Carolina Coliseum for students, faculty and staff and at 1311 Pendleton St. for faculty and staff only.  

Students can find which mandatory testing group they are in here. 

There have been a total of 1,094 people infected with COVID-19 on campus since Jan. 1. 956 of these cases are students and 138 are employees. Of these cases, 976 have recovered.

Of the 600 quarantine and isolation spaces on campus, 5.89% of the spaces are in use. 

The alert level is at 0.18, which is the "New Normal" level. It was also at this point during the last update. The alert level is based on 11 factors, including campus testing, isolation capacity and campus case burden.

The COVID-19 dashboard is updated every Tuesday and Friday.