Student government executive office candidates announced

<p>FILE—The Student Government Elections Commission met on Thursday with prospective candidates to unveil the executive office candidate list for the upcoming Student Government election.</p>
FILE—The Student Government Elections Commission met on Thursday with prospective candidates to unveil the executive office candidate list for the upcoming Student Government election.

Student government executive office candidates were announced Thursday night after the mandatory candidate’s meeting. 

The candidates for student body president are Joshua Fair, Nicholas Marzullo, Reedy Newton and Gurujjal Kaur Roopra.

The candidates for student body vice president are Faith Gravley, Maia Porzio and Lauren Young.

The candidate announced for speaker of the student senate is Noah Glasgow.

Newton and Porzio are running together on a ticket under a campaign named “The Future Is…." Roopra is running on a ticket with Gravley under the name “The Catalyst Campaign.” Glasgow is running as part of the “Meet The Moment” campaign. 

An executive debate will be held on Tuesday, Feb. 15 at 7 p.m. in the Russell House Ballroom. The debate is open to the student body.

Student body elections will be held from Feb. 22 at 9 a.m. to Feb. 23 at 5 p.m. Ballots will be available online.

Inauguration will be held on March 24 at 4 p.m., where those elected will take their oaths of office and begin their terms.