Darius Rucker to perform at Colonial Life Arena after national championship win

<p>Darius Rucker at the Gamecock football team's spring game in 2015. Rucker will play at the Colonial Life Arena on April 24 in celebration of the Gamecocks women's basketball team earning their second national championship win in program history.</p>
Darius Rucker at the Gamecock football team's spring game in 2015. Rucker will play at the Colonial Life Arena on April 24 in celebration of the Gamecocks women's basketball team earning their second national championship win in program history.

Darius Rucker will perform at Colonial Life Arena on April 24 in celebration of the Gamecocks women's basketball team's national championship win. 

Tickets will be free for all students and students can request one ticket each. Ticket requests will be honored according to the order the requests were received. All ticket requests must be made before April 18. Students will be notified on April 19 about whether they received a ticket or not. 

Doors open for the concert at 7 p.m. and all rules for the Arena will be in effect. Tickets are available on a form from Gamecock Student Tickets. 

The announcement comes after Rucker, a USC alumni, agreed with interim university President Harris Pastides in hosting a free concert on April 3 after the Gamecock's defeated the University of Connecticut for its second national championship in program history. Rucker initially proposed the idea on April 1 after the women's basketball team beat Louisville in the Final Four.

Rucker was responding to interim university President Harris Pastides, who said "We want it right away," in a video from sports reporter Mike Uva's Twitter account on April 3 talking about the at the time potential concert. Rucker responded "I'm in. Sooner the better!!!" not long after.