Campus 411: what's happening Wednesday

The university delayed its schedule for Thursday, canceling all classes beginning before 10 a.m. All classes beginning after 10 a.m. will resume a normal schedule.

Classes were cancelled and offices were closed Tuesday and Wednesday, following the lead of Richland County government. No decision has been made regarding Thursday’s university operations.

Local schools, governments and the state legislature all closed for the day. Gov. Nikki Haley declared a state of emergency, meaning National Guard will be at the ready during the storm.

The high temperature Wednesday will be 33 degrees.

On campus, USC police and facilities crews began staging resources on Monday.

Dining: Bates Diner, Gibbes Court Bistro and Grand Market Place will open at 9 a.m. today. Follow @Carolina_Dining for updates about dining.

All other on-campus dining facilities are closed, said Scott Barrineau, Dining’s operations manager.

Roads, parking: Greene Street will be closed to eastbound traffic from Sumter Street to Bull Street, meaning the road will be closed for drivers headed toward Five Points.

The closure will allow cars parked in the Bull Street Garage to get out while the hill on Bull Street is closed to traffic. Cars can head up Bull toward Greene and turn left.

Drivers won’t be able to park in the Bull Street Garage during the closures, but they will be allowed to park in the Blossom Garage.

Drivers with parking spots assigned on the top floors of the Pendleton Street Garage will be allowed to park in the Senate Street Garage, Parking Services said in an email Tuesday.

*Gyms: *The Strom Thurmond Wellness and Fitness Center is open today on its regular schedule, until midnight.

The Blatt P.E. Center is following the lead of the university, so it is closed today.

Russell House: The university union is open today on its usual schedule, from 7 a.m. until midnight.

There are movies showing at the theater all day today and in the afternoon tomorrow. There’s also free popcorn available, while it lasts. Play Station and gaming will be available all day.

The schedule:
3 p.m. and 9 p.m.: “Wedding Crashers”
6 p.m.: “Easy A”

Due to university cancellations, today’s scheduled reservations in the Russell House will be rescheduled.

*Athletics: *No announcement has been made regarding today’s men’s basketball game against Texas A&M.

Greek Village: Members of fraternities and sororities living in Green Village will have their meals served at their houses, but all others will eat in the Russell House Ballroom. Lunch will be served today and Wednesday from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m., and dinner will be from 5 to 6:30 p.m. Students will need to bring their CarolinaCards to pick up their meals.

Library: The Thomas Cooper Library is closed today.

Thomson Student Health Center: The health center and counseling services will open at 10 a.m. today. First responders are available at all times, and in an emergency, students can call 803-777-4215 or 911.

Today’s Off-Campus Housing Fair sponsored by Off-Campus Student Services has been rescheduled for Feb. 11.