Briefs Dec. 2, 2014

Missing woman found in Georgia

A missing Columbia woman was found in Georgia on Monday, according to WLTX.

Nyeshia McLaurin, a 20-year-old from Columbia, was located by authorities in Newnan, Georgia, a town just southwest of Atlanta. 

McLaurin was reported missing Nov. 1 by her family after she failed to contact them for an extended period of time. She had not reported to work since October.

Authorities have not released any further details about the case, and it is not clear yet as to whether McLaurin was taken to Georgia against her will, or if she relocated by her own volition.  

Possible Shaw airman killed overseas

An Air Force pilot was killed on Sunday after his F-16 Fighting Falcon crashed in a non-combat-related accident, The State reported.  

Shaw Air Force Base in Sumter is home to the 77th Fighter Squadron who are currently in Syria, moving against ISIS militants. However, it has not been revealed by the U.S. Central Command or Shaw officials whether or not the pilot belonged to the 77th.

According to officials, the crash took place at around 11 p.m. shortly after take off, and did not happen in Iraq or Syria. However, they did confirm that the plane was to take part in Operation Inherent Resolve against ISIS.

Sheriff prepared to close Tucker Hipps investigation

According to Oconee County Sheriff, Mike Crenshaw, the investigation of Clemson student Tucker Hipps' death is nearly complete. Toxicology tests have come back and digital information has been analyzed.  

Hipps died on Sept. 22, following a run with the brothers of the Sigma Phi Epsilon fraternity around Lake Hartwell. His body was found below the twin State 93 bridges which span the lake.  

The family has asked that the reports not be released immediately, the Hipps' attorney confirmed.  

While there was no immediate evidence that Hipps' death was the result of hazing, Sheriff Crenshaw is still following up on allegations of such treatment.  

In all, the Sheriff's Department received three tips from the public and are following up.