Breaking: Reports of active shooter at area mall

<p>Columbia police are still investigating whether or not shots were actually fired at Columbiana Centre Saturday night.</p>
Columbia police are still investigating whether or not shots were actually fired at Columbiana Centre Saturday night.

Columbia police have responded to reports of an active shooter at Columbiana Centre mall Saturday evening.

According to WIS News 10, police are searching the mall and nearby areas while the citizens inside evacuate the premises. No suspects have yet been located.

"We took the measures to clear out the mall ... the mall has been cleared out and right now we're trying to identify those who are involved," says Lt. Curtis Wilson of the Richland County Sheriff's Department.

Columbia Mayor Steve Benjamin urged citizens in the area via Twitter to "avoid the mall and Harbison Boulevard."

No victims have been reported, and police are still searching the mall for witnesses as the story develops.

UPDATE: The State has reported that "there is not an active shooter" at the mall and that there are "no reported victims."

UPDATE: Area police have confirmed that there were no injuries at Columbiana Centre shooting, and that officials are searching for three male suspects.

UPDATE: WLTX reports that law enforcement are looking for two African-American male suspects weighing approximately 150 pounds and aged 22-25 years old. 

News Editor Mary Ramsey contributed to this story.