In Brief: 4/19/16

Sumter authorities identify Sunday's ATV crash victim

Sumter County sheriffs identified 12-year-old Hunter Moore as the boy killed in an ATV crash Sunday afternoon, WIS reports. The vehicle flipped multiple times before landing on top of him while he was riding it. Deputies received the call around 3 p.m. Moore was taken partway to the hospital in a car until Florence County EMS reached them and took him the rest of the way in an ambulance. Moore died before they arrived at the hospital. He was in sixth grade and had turned 12 on April 12.

Suspects steal coolers valued at $3,500 from Dick's

Police are searching for two men who stole several Yeti coolers valued at $3,500 from Dick's Sporting Goods on Sunday, The State reports. The men went into the store on Two Notch Road around 12 p.m. and fled with 10 coolers. One of the suspects was a white man estimated to be in his 20s wearing a baseball cap, tan shorts and a dark jacket. The other was described as a white man in this 30s wearing a gray shirt and camouflage shorts.

Richland County indicts 11 residents for food stamp fraud

Eleven Midlands residents have been indicted for fraudulent acquisition or use of food stamps, WLTX reports. They were all accused either of getting Supplemental Nutrition Assistant Program assistance by providing false information or allowing individuals to use food stamps to buy non-qualifying items. Robert Chestnut, Brittany Seibles, Tineta Kinloch and Alana James could face up to a $5,000 fine and 10 years' prison time. The other suspects face lesser charges that could lead to $500 fines and five years incarceration.