In Brief: 6/15/16

Truck overturned outside Greek Village

An automobile crash Tuesday morning on Blossom Street just outside of the University of South Carolina's Greek Village left a pickup truck overturned, The State reports. The accident also left the truck's occupants trapped inside. First responders arrived on the scene to safely assist the occupants out of the vehicle.

Richland 3-year-old killed in hit-and-run

Kevin Kitt was playing his driveway on the 100 block of Davis Road with his 1-year-old brother Kayden on Monday, his third birthday, when both boys were struck by an automobile. The brothers were hospitalized at Palmetto Health Richland, where Kayden's minor injuries were treated and where Kevin died around 5 p.m. The South Carolina Highway Patrol identified the driver as Corey Kitt of Hopkins, whom the boys' family claims is their uncle. Kitt left the scene after the incident, which is under further investigation by Highway Patrol.

Shooting at Garners Ferry Walmart leaves 1 injured

A shooting at Walmart on Garners Ferry Road put one victim in a local hospital on Tuesday afternoon. The incident is believed to have occurred outside of the store, where the Columbia Police Department arrived to investigate and gather information from possible witnesses. The police have yet to release the identity of any suspect in the shooting.