In Brief: 7/8/16

Clowney to open vape shop

Former Gamecock football star and current Houston Texans outside linebacker Jadeveon Clowney is set to open a vape shop and lounge in Columbia as the primary owner. One of his investors is reportedly former congressman Bakari Sellers. Choosing vaporizers as his new business stems from Clowney's desire to provide a cigarette alternative to people, particularly his mother. The shop, called KURE Vaporium, will have its invitation-only grand opening on Gervais Street July 19.

Man dead from SC heat

The extremely high temperatures in South Carolina this week have resulted in the death of 31-year-old Jamal Dirk Graham on Tuesday, ABC Columbia reports. Richland County Coroner Gary Watts released the victim's name and the information that he died of hyperthermia. Watts warns the public to take the necessary precautions to avoid heat-related illness and death in light of extreme weather conditions.

Millionaire charged with failure to pay tax

A Lexington County woman with a $3.5 million income has been charged with failure to file taxes, according to the South Carolina Department of Revenue. 31-year-old Ashley Speer is accused of not paying taxes in 2013 and 2014 and owing the state $18,719. A conviction can result in up to a year in prison or up to $10,000 in fines.