In Brief: 9/02/16

PokeStops return to Statehouse

PokeStops for the popular game Pokemon Go returned to the South Carolina Statehouse on Wednesday, The Free Times reports. Developers had to make adjustments after the game was released to remove stops from certain sites such as war memorials and military cemeteries, but state officials said they never complained about the Statehouse stops. Gov. Nikki Haley went so far as to tweet at Niantic, the company behind Pokemon, to return the stops.

- Compiled by Mary Ramsey, News Editor

Man charged in fatal DUI crash

One person was killed and another charged with felony DUI after an accident in Columbia, WIS reports. The crash occured on Bush River Road late Wednesday evening when a pick-up truck collided with a sedan turning off Berryhill Drive. The driver of the truck, 57-year-old William McLeelan, was arrested and charged with felony DUI, and the driver of the sedan died at a local hospital.

- Compiled by Mary Ramsey, News Editor

Tropical storm may soak SC

Tropical Storm Hermine is forecast to bring heavy rains to much of South Carolina, WLTX reports. The storm is expected to hit Florida as a category one hurricane before dropping four to eight inches of rain to the Midlands on Friday. A flash flood warning has already been issued and extends till 6 a.m. Saturday, though the rain is expected to clear out for the rest of the holiday weekend.

- Compiled by Mary Ramsey, News Editor