In Brief: 9/19/16

Woman found dead in house near Two Notch Road

A man found his ex-girlfriend dead inside a house off Two Notch Road, The State reports. The woman was unresponsive inside the home when the man arrived Sunday, and emergency services arrived around 8 a.m. Richland County officials are investigating the death as "suspicious." An autopsy will be performed on the body.

Man wanted over shootout with deputies

A Sumter County man is wanted for allegedly shooting at police, WIS reports. The incident happened when officers from the Sumter County Sheriff’s Department responded to reports of a domestic incident. Police say that the suspect, 25-year-old Dontrell Carter, was last seen fleeing into the woods after firing shots at deputies pursuing him. Carter is considered “armed and dangerous,” and SLED is assisting in the search. Officials say anyone with information or who sees the suspect should not approach him but contact Crimestoppers.

One arrested over bar fight

One person was arrested and another injured after an argument at a bar escalated, WLTX reports. Richland County Sheriff's deputies responded to the incident around 8:30 p.m. Saturday at Diamond on Garners Ferry Road. Cortez Tucker, 26, was arrested and charged with aggravated assault and unlawful carrying of a pistol. The other person had upper body injuries.