Student Government cabinet recap: Stigma Free USC, Greek parking fee update

The Student Government cabinet discussed Stigma Free USC, a student vote on the board of trustees and recapped the board's decision to end the Greek parking fee last week during its weekly meeting Tuesday.

Chase Artledge, the health and wellness secretary, spoke about spreading awareness about mental health. Artledge passed out notecards for each cabinet member to jot down ideas about how they can advocate for mental health awareness to students during the week.

"It's so much more meaningful when it's someone you're in class with," Artledge said.

Student Government is still working on gaining traction behind a push to get a student representative vote on the board of trustees and plans to hold a forum focused on that in the future. This effort has been pushed in the past by recent student body presidents to no avail. 

The state legislature would have to mandate and sign it into law in order for a student representative vote to be approved.

Student Body President Luke Rankin discussed the board of trustees' decision last Friday to discontinue the Greek parking fee. Greek students living in Greek Village were required to pay a semester fee that rose over the past few semesters and was resolved after weeks of discussion. 

"The Greek fee has ended," Rankin said. "It is done, dead and over."