COVID-19 dashboard update: Total active cases now at 179

USC is currently facing 179 total active cases of COVID-19 on campus, according to the updated online COVID-19 dashboard.

166 students and 13 employees make up the total case count, with 3,551 total tests being performed during the previous reporting period from Jan. 29 to Feb. 1. The positive rate was 1.63% overall for this period. 

Of these tests, 2,941 were students with a positive rate of 1.89%. The 610 employees tested had a positive rate of 0.51%. There are 1,461 tests pending. 

As of Feb. 1, there have been 964 total active cases of COVID-19 on campus since Jan. 1. 785 of these people have recovered from the virus.

Of the 600 spaces in the quarantine and isolation dorms, 8.42% of them are in use. 

178 cases were reported on Jan. 29 from the last reporting period. The dashboard has updated to reflect there were 223 cases on Jan. 29. 

Students and faculty can find the testing schedules and locations for this week on the university’s COVID-19 website. Testing will be done at the Student Health Center and the Carolina Coliseum for students, faculty and staff and at 1311 Pendleton St. for faculty and staff only. 

Students can find which mandatory testing group they are in here. 

The alert level remains at 0.27, which is the "New Normal" level. The alert level is based on 11 factors, including campus testing, isolation capacity and campus case burden.

The COVID-19 dashboard is updated every Tuesday and Friday.