COVID-19 dashboard update: Total active cases down to 65

USC now has 65 total active cases of COVID-19 on campus, according to the university's updated online COVID-19 dashboard.

Of the 65 cases, 58 are students and 7 are employees. The total case count is a decrease from Friday's update. 

Between March 19 and 22, 2,602 tests were performed with a positive rate of 0.78%. Of these, 2,381 tests were students, with a 0.81% positive rate. The 221 employees tested had a positive rate of 0.62%. There are 1,325 tests pending as of March 22.

Students and faculty can find the testing schedules and locations for this week on the university’s COVID-19 website. Testing will be done at the Carolina Coliseum and the third floor of Russell House for students, and at 1311 Pendleton St. for faculty and staff only. Testing is also available at the Student Health Center, by appointment only. 

The week of March 21 to 28 is Group One's week to be tested for COVID-19. Group Two's mandatory testig week is next week. Students can find which mandatory testing group they are in here

There have been a total of 1,518 active cases of COVID-19 on campus since Jan. 1. Of these cases, 1,337 are students and 181 are employees. As of March 22, 1,453 people have recovered. 

Of the 457 spaces in the quarantine and isolation dorms, 3.72% are in use. 

The alert level is at 0.09, which is the "New Normal" level. It was also at this level during the last update. The alert level is based on 11 factors, including campus testing, isolation capacity and campus case burden.

The COVID-19 dashboard is updated every Tuesday and Friday.