In Brief: April 14, 2015

Woman dies moments after finishing Columbia half marathon

Amanda Peake Glover died moments after finishing the Palmetto Half Marathon in Columbia, WLTX reported.

Glover, 32, was a co-owner of Fitness 535 in Columbia and had run a full marathon a month prior to the Palmetto Half Marathon with her brother, Josh Peake. However, the half marathon did not go as planned. Glover’s husband was running the half marathon alongside his wife and was four minutes behind her, according to Glover's friend Ashley Blocker.

Glover was transported to a nearby hospital by EMS. The cause of her death has not been determined. She leaves behind her four children and husband, Benji.

— Lauren Shirley, News Editor

Police searching for man who burglarized motel room, stole credit card

Police are asking for the public’s help in identifying the man who broke into a Red Roof Inn motel room at the Berryhill Road location and stole various electronics and a debit card in mid-March, WLTX reported.

On Monday, deputies released three surveillance photographs of the man who stole a desktop computer valued at $900, a tablet computer valued at $450 and a debit card from the motel room. The man tried to use the stolen debit card at businesses around Columbia, according to Sheriff Lewis McCarty.

Any information should be reported to Crimestoppers at 1-888-CRIME-SC. Identities will remain anonymous and may be eligible for a cash reward.

— Lauren Shirley, News Editor

Former USC Head Coach Lou Holtz leaving ESPN

Lou Holtz — a former USC football coach — is leaving ESPN after 10 years with the network, WLTX reported.

The decision to leave was reached mutually, according to Sports Illustrated. The network said they appreciated all his contributions and wished him the best for the future. Holtz, 78, coached USC from 1999 to 2004, retiring after the 2004 Clemson/Carolina rivalry game. In total, during his coaching career, he won 249 games and secured Notre Dame to the 1988 Nation Championship. After leaving, he joined ESPN as an analyst and commentator.

— Lauren Shirley, News Editor