In Brief: 11/18/15

Russia offers $50 million reward for information on plane bombing

According to CNN, the Russian Federal Security Service has estimated that the Russian passenger jet that crashed over Sinai, Egypt on Oct. 31 contained over two pounds of explosives, insinuating the crash was a result of a terrorist act. The government, who at first rejected the idea of the plane and its passengers being victims of terrorism, has offered a $50 million reward for information on any suspects behind the attacks.

Two police officers injured, suspect dead in Cayce shooting

The State reported Tuesday that a man opened fire on two Cayce Department of Public Safety officers at approximately 1:30 a.m. at an apartment complex in Cayce. A Lexington County coroner identified the suspect as Demetrius Shelley Bryant, 21, who died of two gunshot wounds to his upper body. The officers who were dispatched to the apartment were there because of drug-related issues. Although both officers were transported to the hospital after the incident, only one was hit by gunfire.

Jindal Drops out of 2016 GOP Presidential Race

Louisiana Gov. and 2016 Presidential Candidate Bobby Jindal suspended his campaign efforts Tuesday, according to ABC News. Jindal made the announcement to Fox News’ Bret Baier on Tuesday afternoon, saying that “this is not my time.” Jindal’s departure from the race leaves 14 candidates on the republican side of the race and also leaves one less candidate in the “junior-varsity” debates that have spotlighted the low-polling candidates.