At a glance:
- University of South Carolina classes are cancelled through Friday.
- USC Athletics has not released its decision on the football game against Georgia scheduled for Saturday at 7:30 p.m.
- Gov. Nikki Haley said about 250,000 people will be evacuating the Lowcountry on Wednesday, and evacuations of northern coastal area will continue Thursday.
- Eastbound lanes of Interstate 26 will be reversed starting at 3 p.m. Wednesday to alleviate traffic leaving Charleston. The lanes reversals begin at Interstate 526 and end where I-26 intersects with Interstate 77 at exit 116.
- The university is providing shelter to at least 50 College of Charleston students, according to a tweet from CofC's official account. The university has not responded to requests for comment on plans to house those students.
- Student services, including all major dining halls, the Student Health Center, counseling services and the Strom Thurmond Wellness and Fitness Center, will remain open for now. Specific hours are listed here and in the article listed below.
Hurricane Matthew coverage: