Hurricane Matthew: What you need to know

This article will be updated throughout the week to include all of The Daily Gamecock's coverage of Hurricane Matthew's impact on South Carolina

At a glance:

• University of South Carolina classes are cancelled through Friday.
  • USC Athletics has not released its decision on the football game against Georgia scheduled for Saturday at 7:30 p.m.
  • Gov. Nikki Haley said about 250,000 people will be evacuating the Lowcountry on Wednesday, and evacuations of northern coastal area will continue Thursday.
  • Eastbound lanes of Interstate 26 will be reversed starting at 3 p.m. Wednesday to alleviate traffic leaving Charleston. The lanes reversals begin at Interstate 526 and end where I-26 intersects with Interstate 77 at exit 116.
  • The university is providing shelter to at least 50 College of Charleston students, according to a tweet from CofC's official account. The university has not responded to requests for comment on plans to house those students.
  • Student services, including all major dining halls, the Student Health Center, counseling services and the Strom Thurmond Wellness and Fitness Center, will remain open for now. Specific hours are listed here and in the article listed below.

Hurricane Matthew coverage:

College of Charleston students take refuge at USC

USC classes canceled in preparation for Hurricane Matthew

Letter from President Pastides on Hurricane Matthew

Hurricane Matthew set to test already-battered South Carolina

South Carolina Governor Nikki Haley calls for alertness, quick evacuations from coastal regions

Brief: Student Services to remain open while classes are cancelled for Hurricane Matthew

UofSC Relief reactivates to gather donations, volunteers in preparation for Hurricane

Football game will take place in Columbia; announcement on day/time expected Thursday morning